With an extra $14 I could buy one of the following:
- Almost a whole jumbo package of P*ampers diapers
- A few new pairs of panties from Aunt Vicki's
- A bottle of A*veda shampoo (Can you say Rosemary Mint?!)
- A ticket admitting one adult into the zoo... plus a couple dollars to go toward an ice cream cone!
Of the 50, I currently:
- Hang dry my clothes... mainly because I'm paranoid that things will shrink.
- Wash in cold or warm 90% of the time
- Can you say duplex when it comes to printing?
- Use cruise control whenever possible
- Lump as many errands into one trip as possible... also keeping in mind that this can be rather difficult with a 10-month-old in tow
- Keep the fireplace damper closed (Be sure to open it when in use!)
- Donate and buy re-sale items
- Use rechargeable batteries
Ways I'd like to make an effort to do for Mother Earth (although, I'm not promising)
- Not pre-heat the oven before baking/cooking. Truthfully I've always thought this was a waste of time and resources!
- Use cloth diapers-- if I were a stay at home mom I would definitely go the cloth route, but frankly I don't have the time nor the energy to convince my husband and my sitter that it is a great alternative.
- Telecommute!!! I'd love love love to do this! And, it would be totally possible with my job... *sigh* perhaps some day. For now I'll have to be patient, put in my time and pray