Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hello?

Yes, we're still alive and going strong in OH-IO! Truthfully I've been feeling a little burned out on everything lately! Including my quasi-blog. :)

Of recent I've been asking myself-- "What really matters in life?" And while there could essentially be a gazillion answers to this somewhat deep question, the main two things that come to my mind over and over and over again are: God and my Family. So, if that is my answer then what am I doing to make sure I take full advantage of those things in life? Am I honoring my Lord every day- in thoughts, actions, and words? Do I show utmost respect and true Agape love to my husband at all times, even when he is crispy? How am I actively cherishing and loving on my son every moment we are together? Do I regularly reach out to my brothers and sisters in Christ? *sigh*

It's no surprise that working 40+ hours a week and squeezing every other waking moment with Bryce and Brett is enough in it of itself-- but then on top of all that I need to be living out a life honoring to my Father, which includes being a Proverbs 31 wife and a Proverbs 22:6 parent.

All this sure can make a person tired... and that's where I'm at. I'm just tired. No, this is not a pity-party. I just wanted to lay part of what has been on my heart out into the blogsphere.

Thank goodness I serve a God who promises to never leave me nor forsake me! His strength is what I need, and He quenches my thirst (and tiredness) better than an ice cold Diet Coke!

No comments: