Friday, July 4, 2008

Let Freedom Ring...

Happy Fourth of July!


We had a great holiday as a family! We spent a few splendid hours at the Zoo this morning. Bryce is at such a fun age-- so aware, interactive and curious! What fun! All three of us took an actual nap too! With work consuming so much of life, and for Brett- such an odd schedule, we really rarely have a day to simple do whatever we please. Today was the day! And isn't that the essence of freedom? To what you please, when you please, so long as it follows moral and legal code? (Alright, sure many people don't worry about those "codes," but they should!) :) Liberty, as defined by Wikipedia, is the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will.
How wonderful liberty is!

As Christians residing in the USA, we understand that although we have many freedoms in America, it is our freedoms in Christ that truly set us free! So on this Independence Day, yes give thanks to God for the men and women who have and continue to sacrifice for our freedoms, and also give praise to Jesus who paid the ultimate sacrifice to set us free from sin.
For true freedom is certainly not free...



How awesome is the photo above? The joey's leg is sticking out of it's Mama's pouch! I was so overly excited to see this first hand. AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww....I love all of your pictures! :)

I just realized that I never commented you back and thanked you for the sweet/encouraging comment you left on my blog.

Thank you so much!!!! It was so nice to get my feelings out there and to receive encouragement from fellow breastfeeders! :)

Your little one is SO CUTE!!

Thanks again for your sweet comment! I really appreciate it!

~Melissa

The Apron Queen said...

That last picture cracks me up. I started to leave a comment that I was glad humans aren't like kangaroos. But then I recalled carrying my babies in slings for several months. Same difference I suppose. Noticed you're a breastfeeding advocate. Woo hoo. I'm an IBCLC.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen