Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Captial P!

So I've been thinking a lot lately... about a variety of things. 

Living for Christ
Passion
Stress
Happiness
Materialism
Joy
Making a Difference in the Lives of Others

And lately we've been singing the following song... a LOT!
As B is preparing for a performance at church on Mother's Day.

I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise with a capital "P."
I am a great big bundle of potentiality.
And I am learning to hear God's voice,
and I am trying to make the right choices.
I'm a promise to be, anything God wants me to be.

It's a great little ditty.  And it doesn't matter if you're two-years-old or 27-years-old, you need to be reminded that through Christ you are filled with promise, possibility, and potentiality-- both in the future in Heaven and currently on Earth.  The best thing... He knows the plans He has for me (and you) "... plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 

Sure life isn't easy!  God never promised that it would be, but He did promise to never leave or forsake us.  As I train B to make right choices, I am daily reminded that I am still learning to hear God's voice.  Both are skills that will  involve training for a lifetime, including victories and defeats

Anyways... my point is that thinking can be good. 
Am I where God wants me to be, or am I heading in the right direction?  I hope so! 

Resting in this... I am a Promise to be anything God wants me to be!

No comments: